Air Tank/Bag Replacement Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Layed90

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Partially new to this. I'm replacing my rear bags, but I noticed when I went to remove the air from the tanks, the wing nut is snapped, so one of my tanks won't release the air pressure before I unscrew my fittings/lines and unbolt the bags. The other tank is emptied. Is there another way to go about removing and installing new rubber and getting all that air pressure out?

jmig

Can't leave it stock
Reaction score
If you have a drain valve like this and the "wing nut" is broken off, you can use some pliers to turn the threaded part so you can drain the air out of the tank.That is if you have this kind of drain valve.
You must be registered for see images attach

Layed90

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I do. Thanks. Any other info I should know before tackling this? Seems pretty straight forward. Once the air is released I'm pretty good to go. Appreciate the quick response.

jmig

Can't leave it stock
Reaction score
I don't have any other tips for you since I'm not bagged yet, but it should be pretty straight forward. GL

Layed90

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I shouldn't have any clearance issues with slam re-8's out back right? i have re7's there now (bag over axle)