Air dam? Bumper question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dowsewashere

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ok guys, ive seen a few GMT400s that dont have those black strips under the front bumper that kind of hide the tow hooks, and that kind of hide the front A-Arms.

Is there any benefit to leaving them on??

I kind of want to remove it because i like seeing my A-Arms (Dont question me)

Gatorboy

You can keep your import.
Reaction score
No benefit. It's only there to clean up the appearance. Some may say it helps airflow, but the aerodynamics it helps isn't enough to amount to anything.

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score
It doesn't come into play until highway speeds. Even then, it's a fairly small difference. It's significant, but small.

2500/3500's didn't have them from the factory.

If you're mainly an around town crawler you can pull it off and "show off your knickers" if you like......

96k1500

Ballin on a budget
Reaction score
As stated its mainly for looks, whether you have it or not its not gonna make much of a difference

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
Mainly for looks, and it looks better with it on! But whatever floats your boat.

ShadowRejects

I drank the Kingpin koolaid
Reaction score
honestly, if you do lots of 4 wheeling, it will eventually rip off... mine was about to, so i just went ahead and removed it for more clearance, not to mention it looks really nice without it if you paint your underbody

Vortec Lover

Behold the Beast
Reaction score
all for looks- and there's a fiery debate on here about whether it looks better with or without, hahaha

it depends on the truck to me- some look better, some don't. It's all preference- no real difference as far as aerodynamics go

dowsewashere

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well i do love shadows truck, so ill pull it off when i get a chance this or next week. God i have to undercoat mine though, so crusty