Air Conditioning

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RDF1

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So on my 1991 i gutted the interior since it was trashed.
Built a new dash with center console. Before i cut out all the aluminum for the dash skins i am thinking of a HVAC box under the dash.
Ill be making the whole system so trying to figure out what Evaporator and Heater Core to use.

I want all my connections to come out the top part of the firewall to give plenty of clearance from the turbo and down pipe. (5.3 Swap)

My Tahoe has a HC like this which would work good since i can point the tubes to the passenger side

You must be registered for see images attach

It really all depends on if i can mount a Saden SD7B10 Mini Compressor on the driver side since the turbo takes up all the room on the passenger side.

https://www.dirtydingo.com/shop/product_info.php?cPath=373_376&products_id=1596

bornchevy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If you use the vortec accessory brackets it will move the ac compressor to the driver side and the alternator to the passenger. The down side is if you already have the compressor the mounts are different from the vortec vs tbi. Just throwing that out there not sure if it helps or not.

RDF1

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I just started looking for pictures of how those attach and locate the Compressor and Alternator. I dont think i have enough room to do anything on the passenger side. Might just have to figure out how to mount the compressor on the driver side. With the hydroboost and master cylinder i feel like i have tons of room on that side.

The SD-7B10 is only 7" deep, so i know i can fit that.

Next is ordering it and figure out how to make some mounts.

Im thinking about getting the AC Evap Core and Heater Core from a 99-07 Silverado. I know those work good and the size should be easy to fit. Next will be connections and hoses.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DWPreston1969