Air Conditioner and Heater

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Hey fellas, I searched the forum to see if anyone else has had the same issue and couldnt find it. No matter what I do with my climate controls it just blows air. Wont get hot or cold. I'm not to savvy on auto HVAC systems so really not even sure where to start.

Crytone

Reaction score
First, I would check your heater core. These trucks don't have cabin filters so they can get packed with leaves and dirt. A good cleaning of the fins is usually a good step.

Next, check your coolant. Make sure it's in good condition. If it hasn't been changed in a while, might not be a bad idea to do a coolant system flush, concentrating mostly on flushing the heater core.

east302

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hey fellas, I searched the forum to see if anyone else has had the same issue and couldnt find it. No matter what I do with my climate controls it just blows air. Wont get hot or cold. I'm not to savvy on auto HVAC systems so really not even sure where to start.

There is a damper inside the air box that diverts air flow across the heater core when the temperature is adjusted on the control panel. If it’s stuck or not responding, the temperature would only vary when the engine is cold or the a/c is on.

The actuator is in the photo below.

You must be registered for see images attach

There is a little notched silver dial below the sticker. That is the position indicator, it rotates from about 10 to 2 o’clock between full open and full closed. It’s roughly behind the lower right center of the dash, about where the ashtray is if I remember the 88-94 correctly.

Watch that dial while adjusting the panel temperature button, see what it does. If it doesn’t respond at all, you’d need to check for voltage at the actuator’s connector. If it hunts back and forth, then it’s probably a bad actuator.

As the poster said above, dirt and debris can accumulate on the face of the evaporator core (to the left of the blower) and restrict air flow. You’d just pull the blower, look inside up and to the left and clean off what you can reach.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk