Aftermarket gauges in dash

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jus10inbrla

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
This thread has me really thinking, it'll be low on the priority list but now I'm really leaning into replacing the whole factory assembly with some autometers or something. Our own wonderful @Wildblue19 quoted a price for a dash panel with precut holes for 2 large and 4 small gauges, that combined with the radio pocket panel that's already on the way would be 6 secondary gauges plus speed and tach. I have Oil and water temp, oil pressure, vacuum, and volts right now in Glow Shift gauges that work pretty great. I had a fuel pressure one too but didn't get the sending unit back from the old engine, and it's a $60 sender for a $90 gauge. Plus I'd want a fuel level gauge in there too. I could also put a gauge in the driver ac vent since nothing comes out of that anyways. The DD set isn't as expensive as I thought it was, but it looks like only blue and teal options.
Iirc i built my entire panel for around 400$. thats with keeping all warning lights. PM me and i can give u 95% of the measurements for that. I probly still have the hole saws too. To save u a good chunk of money

351FUN

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Iirc i built my entire panel for around 400$. thats with keeping all warning lights. PM me and i can give u 95% of the measurements for that. I probly still have the hole saws too. To save u a good chunk of money

The one from Revision would be ready to drop in, and I can never get holes lined up right. Doesn't matter that I've been doing industrial repair and fabrication for 15 years, I guarantee I'll get them wrong lol. That's the part I'll happily spend money on.

jus10inbrla

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
got it. You just need backplate and then can go at it from there. make sure u get all the gages first, bc some are 52mm and some are 2”. Big difference in the clearance even that minute. Same with bigs. 85mm vs 3 3/8.,

jus10inbrla

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So if u get 4 2s & a 3 3/8, the 52/85 wont have enough lip for lockring. The lockrings only has about a 1/8 flange lip

likewise the other way they wont fit.