After head gasket change, no start. C1500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Skylar M

Reaction score
1998 c1500 305 5.0
After head gasket replacement
Truck won’t start
No fuel pump sound of priming when key turned
Gas gauge reading past full
Code reader error, does not connect

Have Checked fuel pump relay and it is good.

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Truck won't start. Please be more specific, we can't hear what you hear or see what you see.
Without more knowledge. Recheck any electrical you touched , moved, disconnected.

movietvet

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Like what @GoToGuy said. Crank and no start? No crank? Cranks smoothly with no start? Sputters while cranking?....etc. I suspect that you have some grounds disconnected.

By the way, welcome to the forum from Oregon.

Skylar M

Reaction score
Thank you both for the reply, here from Washington and I am sorry. No crank. Turn key and click. That’s all. As for grounds, could be a possibility, but I think that is all good. What I forgot about is the anti theft system, the disconnected battery reset it. So I may need to have the truck relearn the key. I will go try and come back for an update.

movietvet

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Yea, my guess was if was cranking. Start with the basics and check the battery and all battery connections and cable connections. Can you jump it?

Skylar M

Reaction score
I can try all this after the relearn process is over. Because I don’t hear the fuel pump, that would point to the anti theft which does not allow fuel pump to turn on.