After cam tuning questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

98k15

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I recently installed a comp 08-501-8 cam in my 98 Chevy k1500 5.7 vortec with a nv3500, I put in screw in studs, Alexs parts spring kit and 1.6 roller rockers, my tuner is having trouble tuning it, it's wanting to cut fuel and spark till WOT, he also thinks the injectors may not be big enough, my question is are the injectors big enough and why would the computer let it run fine at idle or WOT but nothing in between?

PolarBear

BORKBORKBORKBORK
Reaction score
Find a new tuner, as your current tuner doesn't know what he's doing. That's a tiny cam.

98k15

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
With that cam and the 1.6 rockers I'm running over .5" lift, and he's using gm tuners

OutlawDrifter

Long Roof K2500 Driver
Reaction score
it doesn't have enough duration to be that difficult to tune. it think you had been warned in another thread about justune.

did you retain the black box for an ecu or did you update to a 0411?

PolarBear

BORKBORKBORKBORK
Reaction score
it doesn't have enough duration to be that difficult to tune. it think you had been warned in another thread about justune.

did you retain the black box for an ecu or did you update to a 0411?

Nailed it...

I'd suggest Ryan Mitchell at KCMAXX for a real tune.

98k15

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I did not take it to justtune, I kept the blackbox pcm, a local guy is doing it, it cut fuel and spark in the mid range before with stock everything but now it has gotten worse to where it only runs right at idle or WOT