After cam tuning questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

98k15

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just talked to kc Maxx, right now $350 is put of the question, my 08 needed work so no money for that, if you have any suggestions or ideas of why the trucks doing this let me know because I'm getting the tune for free from the local guy but if he can't get it done I'll keep driving my 08 till I can take it to kc maxx
Nailed it...

I'd suggest Ryan Mitchell at KCMAXX for a real tune.

OutlawDrifter

Long Roof K2500 Driver
Reaction score
when was the last time you did a full tune-up? plugs, wires, cap, rotor, coil?

stating the problem was there before the cam change would have been good info in the first post.

OutlawDrifter

Long Roof K2500 Driver
Reaction score
possible bad ecm i suppose. is it showing any knocks through the sensor?

you shouldn't run out of capacity with the stock spider setup on a mild cam.

slowburb

all motor
Reaction score
Fuel pressure key on/engine off. Fuel pressure idle. Fuel pressure at part and full throttle.

98k15

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I dropped it off with my tuner today and talked with him when I did, he said he believes it's the security system detecting a false start and retarding the timing, he is going to put his wide band on it and check everything out,and mess with it all day tomorrow

PolarBear

BORKBORKBORKBORK
Reaction score
I dropped it off with my tuner today and talked with him when I did, he said he believes it's the security system detecting a false start and retarding the timing, he is going to put his wide band on it and check everything out,and mess with it all day tomorrow

Passlock has no control over timing. Only fuel. The Passlock system only works by a resistance signal sent from the ignition switch.

The only thing Passlock can do is shut the injectors off totally. It's off or on, no inbetween. You'd also have a security light on.

I'd just spend the $140 to buy an 0411, connectors and send it to lextech for a base tune.

98k15

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Got my truck back this weekend, the range sensor for the automatic transmission was still hooked up which was causing the computer to get inputs, that was what was causing it, it's now tuned and runs great, completely new truck

OutlawDrifter

Long Roof K2500 Driver
Reaction score
glad you got it worked out, thanks for reporting the solution.