Advice Please

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Hi all.
I am from the Uk and sourcing parts for these trucks is difficult and need to be sure I buy right the first time.

I have a 94 GMC SIERRA 1500 reg cab/long bed v6 auto.

I would like some advice please on the best setup to drop this 5/7 or around that area.

I have looked into a few different kits but it’s a bit of a mindfield and worry incase I get it wrong as sending stuff back would be a complete pain in the ass..

I like the Nasscar look so if you have any recommendations on wheels size etc that would be a great help.
Thanks
Full throttle hooligan

You must be registered for see images attach

Kustombuilt1911

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Belltech for the win! I know some people have issues with the extra width on the frt spindles, but in my case it was a non-issue. Have their 5/7 drop with shock extenders & love it. Rides/drives nice & no tire rubbing (after a little roll on the fender lips).

Aarong23

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Belltech for the win! I know some people have issues with the extra width on the frt spindles, but in my case it was a non-issue. Have their 5/7 drop with shock extenders & love it. Rides/drives nice & no tire rubbing (after a little roll on the fender lips).
Damn man. That's a clean tahoe you got there. I love the 2 dr hoes.

gearheadE30

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have RideTech coilovers and arms on the front of mine. I had some problems with finding shocks that were stiff enough for my taste, and the RideTech Fox shocks took care of that. Delrin bushings are also wonderful improvements over the stock rubber. Obviously budget constraints come into play more with this than just spindles/springs/basic shocks.

The rear on the Tahoe is a bit different, but you are looking at some form of axle flip, C notch, and upper and lower shock relocation. I ended up also going with drop shackles and stiffer leaf springs to dial in the handling and height. You may also have to trim the bed floor brace over the top of the differential, and on mine I had to modify a frame crossmember so the driveshaft didn't hit it when the rear suspension compressed. The Tahoes might be different than the trucks in that regard though. I am running 275/55r17 all the way around with no rubbing, though I did roll the front fenders slightly and run -1 degree camber to help clearance.

You must be registered for see images

I do run more rake on my truck partly because 4 door tahoes are hard to get really low in the rear due to the fuel filler and cargo floor, and partly because of what I use the truck for.

Reaction score
I have RideTech coilovers and arms on the front of mine. I had some problems with finding shocks that were stiff enough for my taste, and the RideTech Fox shocks took care of that. Delrin bushings are also wonderful improvements over the stock rubber. Obviously budget constraints come into play more with this than just spindles/springs/basic shocks.

The rear on the Tahoe is a bit different, but you are looking at some form of axle flip, C notch, and upper and lower shock relocation. I ended up also going with drop shackles and stiffer leaf springs to dial in the handling and height. You may also have to trim the bed floor brace over the top of the differential, and on mine I had to modify a frame crossmember so the driveshaft didn't hit it when the rear suspension compressed. The Tahoes might be different than the trucks in that regard though. I am running 275/55r17 all the way around with no rubbing, though I did roll the front fenders slightly and run -1 degree camber to help clearance.

I do run more rake on my truck partly because 4 door tahoes are hard to get really low in the rear due to the fuel filler and cargo floor, and partly because of what I use the truck for.

Thank you so much for the great advice.
I will have a look at the ride tech stuff now.
Hadn’t heard if them before

Reaction score
Buy the parts from rockauto-they have no problems shipping to uk and shipping prices are decent. Not sure about custom parts but anything stock they have. Speaking from experiance. I'm in Oxford.

Thank you

I did just this for a front Caliper.
Was here in 2 days all for £60
Great service