Adding third brake light.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Keepinitoldskool

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So Ive been wanting to add a third brake light and cargo light to my 88 reg cab. I was wondering if anyone has done this and which light would fit the best seeing how there are a few different styles. And what all might I need.

twomanymontes

car show addict
Reaction score
Have not done one on a truck, but quite a few on cars. Wiring is easy, tap into the brake light switch on whatever wire sends power to the turn signal switch, run that to the light and then find a good ground from the socket. As for a light design? I suppose anything for a 94 and later could work

Brando_o

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Have not done one on a truck, but quite a few on cars. Wiring is easy, tap into the brake light switch on whatever wire sends power to the turn signal switch, run that to the light and then find a good ground from the socket. As for a light design? I suppose anything for a 94 and later could work
Do you know what color wire I have to tap into for the brake lights? I'm adding a third brake light to my 89.