Adding cruise control to a SL.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RatFink

Reaction score
I have a 99’ suburban SL, no tilt column or cruise control. I recently got a nice column with both of these features and the cruise module for the fire wall. Is this a do able swap and what else is needed?

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
I've done this a total of 1 time with a later model gmt400 and I wish I could remember what was involved. It was relatively easy and I literally do not remember the details.. when I built my '94 3500HD I swapped the Vortec 7.4 complete with wiring harness, pcm, etc. from a '96 donor truck, and I think the segment of harness for it was standalone. Maybe, and this is a big maybe, it's that additional wiring chunk that sits on top of the block on the driver side of the firewall?

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

So you'll need that segment of harness, the cable that attaches to the throttle body, and don't forget to grab those special screws that hold the cruise module to the firewall. They're self-tappers by the way which is nice, and the firewall already has dimples where they go.

I know it's a bit shy on real info, been too many years, but I hope it helps.

Richard