Adam's 1996 K1500 Z71

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

adray96

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well, for the few that actually cared and followed and what not, I got rid of the truck a while ago. Last October I was headin to a wedding and the rpms were being weird, so I was messing around with it trying to decide what it was. About half way there, I look up in the review mirror and I was billowing white smoke, trans was burnt up and was pushing fluid out of the transfer case.

Got it home, had my parts department find me a junkyard trans at work, and swapped them after work one day. That was when I decided to was time to start saving for something else.

A few months later, I picked up a 2015 LT crew cab with the 6’5 bed and All Star package, with 10,584 miles on the clock. And a few days later, my dad got a 2014 High Country.

I have since put a 3/2 motofab level with 285/75/18s and ion 135 wheels on, swapped all the non colored lighting to LED, and got the bed Line X’d. I have more plans in store for it, but nothing too crazy. I don’t know if I’ll start a thread here for it or not.

The 96 was sold to a buddy of mine, who is I’m turn selling it to another buddy of ours, so I’ll still be able to keep track of it, at least

Anyway, I guess this is my closing post in this, for those who care.

Edit: the pictures uploaded in reverse order, but ya get the idea

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

Wiscoburban

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Its a shame you got rid of the 400 but nice that you can still keep track of it. Hope the new ride serves you well!