Acquiring Arteb Brazil GMT400 headlight reflectors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1998_K1500_Sub

Nitro Junkie
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i Assume the city light fixture is installed without a lamp to seal the reflector cavity and keep out debris? Have you considered using this lamp for any reason or is it better left unoccupied?

Your assumption is correct. There's an integral O-ring on the "city light" fixture that provides a seal with the reflector housing. The fixture itself is the typical twist-and-remove type, akin to other GM fixtures.

I considered using it, e.g., by wiring the fixture to the parking lights, but obviously the only limitation is one's imagination.

I've left it in the reflector (to seal against water ingress) but as yet w/o a bulb. @df2x4 and I have looked at its electrical connector casually, and wondered if we could find a mating connector which would make for a "neat" install. Regardless, one could always solder a couple of wires to the exposed pins if they wished.

Attachments

• City light - connector.jpg
    City light - connector.jpg
    290.8 KB · Views: 28
  • City light - fixture.jpg
    City light - fixture.jpg
    219.3 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
The cars I owned in Japan had that 194 bulb in the headlight assembly. They also didn't use traditional parking lamps, that 194 was your first click on the headlamp switch. It was common to pop a colored bulb in there as it didn't affect light output.

baxterday

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So, what is the bottom line going to be? I am interested. I have connections in Argentina I am going to contact to see what availability of these are there. I can tell you that living there for 7 years, my Suburban was one of only a few. We didn't really sell the Silverado trucks there the D series was popular. I will check any way.

1998_K1500_Sub

Nitro Junkie
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So, what is the bottom line going to be? I am interested. I have connections in Argentina I am going to contact to see what availability of these are there. I can tell you that living there for 7 years, my Suburban was one of only a few. We didn't really sell the Silverado trucks there the D series was popular. I will check any way.

See my earlier post (link below), then figure about 95% of the price I estimated there, b/c of better vendor pricing. But that's just a ballpark, as there are still a few costs that aren't "absolute" until they happen, e.g., shipping costs (which vary depending on destination and quantity shipped) and conversion rate (which applies to both the product and shipping).

Back when I started this process in 2019, to get the Arteb reflectors just for myself, I looked but didn't find vendors anywhere but Brazil for this product. In particular, Arteb distributes in Mexico and I hoped to acquire them through that channel, but "no bueno". As I remember the issue was simply that GM Brazil's GMT400 didn't see much sales volume outside of Brazil itself (I think Argentina was its only other market, yes?) and consequently Arteb's GMT400 reflector is most readily available in Brazil.

Last edited:

1998_K1500_Sub

Nitro Junkie
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks like they make rear lights for it also with the yellow indicator light instead of red.

They can be acquired if anyone's interested.

Few have shown interest in the past.

Just back-of-the-napkin, it might be around US$220 to get a pair here and delivered to someone's porch.