AC Condenser help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tonyd984

Reaction score
Hey guys, ive been having issues with my ac. I have a 95 2 door tahoe. Bought it last spring and have been slowly getting everything working. Having an issue now trying to get a condenser that fits. I replaced almost the entire system up to this point. evap core had a leak, that was a nightmare. New air dryer, new compressor, and i am having a problem finding the right size condenser. Ive ordered and returned 5 different ones that all are supposed to fit the truck. I cant find an OEM part anywhere. If anyone has a company, brand, or part number to use it would be appreciated

movietvet

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Where did you look so far? Make sure you have the correct amount of a/c refrigerant oil in it when ready to charge system. If reusing the old lines, flush them or replace, too. RA offers numerous condensers but you need to look at provided pics and match the design and measurements.

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
"GMpartsGiant.com " is a reliable source of parts or just parts numbers if "NLA" . The factory OE number is 52464036. And is current for aftermarket sources. And it is used to cross to there own numbers. Does yours look like this? This a common item. My 95 K2500 uses the same part. If you've tried 5 different ones, something is wrong somewhere. This what it looks like.
You must be registered for see images attach

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The condenser is listed also.GM 52458719, which will cross to whomever.
You must be registered for see images attach

sneakingfart

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm confused about what doesn't fit exactly? When I did this for my Suburban, both rockauto and Amazon had ones that fit. I bought the OSC one from rockauto, but it didn't look like the original (less fins and tubing), so I returned it and got a Denso one. Unfortunately it looked identical, so I just put it in. But the other one would have fit as well. My concern would be that if something doesn't fit, your truck may have been modified by a previous owner maybe?

Both units looked similar to the picture posted by the poster above. Less fins and tubing, but same connections. The only major difference between the suburban and Tahoe should be the location of the orifice tube. If I'm not mistaken, without rear AC, the tube is at the condenser itself. That's how my Denso unit shipped, so had to take it out and put it in the place, replacing the old one.

Take some photos and put them up here.

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm confused about what doesn't fit exactly? When I did this for my Suburban, both rockauto and Amazon had ones that fit. I bought the OSC one from rockauto, but it didn't look like the original (less fins and tubing), so I returned it and got a Denso one. Unfortunately it looked identical, so I just put it in. But the other one would have fit as well. My concern would be that if something doesn't fit, your truck may have been modified by a previous owner maybe?

Both units looked similar to the picture posted by the poster above. Less fins and tubing, but same connections. The only major difference between the suburban and Tahoe should be the location of the orifice tube. If I'm not mistaken, without rear AC, the tube is at the condenser itself. That's how my Denso unit shipped, so had to take it out and put it in the place, replacing the old one.

Take some photos and put them up here.
With and without rear air are two totally different condenser sizes. It is difference of about 4" in width between the two.

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hmm, then that may be his issue.

I just looked them both up, the cores are listed as 29-1/4" and 34-7/16". I always use the larger core condenser on these trucks even if it came with the smaller core condenser as it is super simple to adapt into place and offers increased AC cooling in hot weather even if the radiator is still the smaller 28" wide unit. I will add not all of 34" core design have the dimple in the liquid line outlet for the condenser mounted orifice tube. That is very easy to duplicate. I install the orifice, use a small strip of vinyl to wrap around the tube to prevent gouging it and pinch the tube gently with channel locks until the orifice tube has the appropriate resistance to hold itself in place. Does not take much of a crimped bend to keep it in place adequately.

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I would have to do some digging, but even the newer GM replacement condensers list a part number for new mounting bracket feet as they are thinner than the older and more innefficient stock serpentine style condensers. You can work around that using rubber insulation as a spacer on the condenser, but I like the revised GM mounting bracket feet if they are still available, makes the condenser fit perfectly.