ABS problems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GWKP

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
figured this was the best place to post this.
vehicle: 1998 chevrolet k1500 5.7L ecsb
problem:starting yesterday as i was braking as soon as i hit 10mph or less my brake pedal would pulsate and i kept hearing a noise sounded like a pump so after it pulsates i have to stomp the brake pedal to completely stop.

so i automatically thought it was a abs problem. im leaning toward the thought that i need a new abs(driver control) module. no codes set ,no abs light, and also no brake light on. and i have the right amount of fluid in the resevoir. maybe i have air in the system and need to bleed them? any advice or input would be great thanks

95ukawn

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
maybe you wanna try bleeding first since its free and easy. when i had abs problems my calipers would not open up they would stay closed and it ended up being the abs computer/module and when my brakes started pulsing i found out my rotors were warped

GWKP

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
yeah ill give that a try what is a sign of a failing module?

GWKP

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
just got done replacing both front hubs, old hub bearings were junk. problem solved!