Aaaand I bought another one

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Justin S

Truck Hoarder
Reaction score
I just realized it started raining out, I went out to check and see if the paint was dry, it not tacky at least, so hopefully it will be fine!

Justin S

Truck Hoarder
Reaction score
The paint didn't turn out as good as the first coat for some reason, its a little patchy. I wet sanded it, then sprayed over with some clear. It's better, good enough for me! I began to reassemble a few things and started on the interior. I took my spare sport grille and popped it on, swapped the bumpers (it came with a nicer one as a spare). I had to do some minor wiring repairs to the front lights, I decided that since the interior looks like a clown car due to all the colors, i'm just going to paint everything black. I got some interior spray paint and finished the door panels and visors as a start.
You must be registered for see images attach

Justin S

Truck Hoarder
Reaction score
Made more progress tonight. Painted the inside door jambs to match the body, painted most of the interior black, popped on a new air filter, and decided to put the tailgate that I was saving for my other project on since the one that came with it was really rough. Also mocked up the blackout taillight covers to see how it would look. Now that I got all the cosmetic stuff out of the way, I need to do a few more things before making it roadworthy, including bolting down the seats and bed, full tune up, light in the back, and rear diff cover. Don't remember if I already mentioned it, but I think i'm going to need to buy a new carb for it as well, the choke is broken and doesn't close all the way, and there are a few gas seaps, i'm thinking Holley or Edelbrock 600cfm will do, i'll keep an eye out on Craigslist for a cheap one. I also bought a cheap GPS speedometer off of Ebay, since this one doesn't work due to the swap. Pictures will be up in a little bit

Justin S

Truck Hoarder
Reaction score
Oh, and I finally found something that didn't come with the truck that I need, passenger side inner door handle and lock button. It had a power regulator on before, and it doesn't interchange with the crank regulator. I'd say that's pretty darn good for as much as I had to throw back together.

Justin S

Truck Hoarder
Reaction score