A real tear jerker

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

grampadirt

On MEDICARE Officially Old
Reaction score
The Suburbans get lonely; maybe a lifted CCLB would keep your lifted Burb company......just needs a little work to make it golden again.
Man I wish.There's a 98 rclb in palm springs I'd like to have.Money's tight though,had an operation a month ago so gotta cover whatever my health network doesn't :(

Justin S

Truck Hoarder
Reaction score
Damn, $350? I wonder if that's really what he's asking, a typo, or the typical Craigslist A-hole that just punches in numbers and expects you to "Call for price" lol If that were near me I would definitely be tempted to buy that. Hell if nothing else I would just part it out and make some money.

Either way, that's a real shame. That was a badass truck.
Yeah, I wouldn't be surprised if its supposed to be $3500

Jrgunn5150

Enjoying tomorrow's success today
Reaction score
Burned like that? It needs a whole harness, all new lines, no seal anywhere is good, it likely got hot enough to stop the engine from turning over. I'd hesitate at 350 if it were in my backyard.

Justin S

Truck Hoarder
Reaction score
I'm just saying, looking at it from the standpoint of someone who's parted out many vehicles, sell the good tires, 4 rims, axles, trans, bed, interior parts, lift kit, etc, all would be worth a decent chunk of money, but not $3500. If that thing was within 100 miles of me, i'd pay $350 in a heartbeart.

Jrgunn5150

Reaction score
I'm just saying, looking at it from the standpoint of someone who's parted out many vehicles, sell the good tires, 4 rims, axles, trans, bed, interior parts, lift kit, etc, all would be worth a decent chunk of money, but not $3500. If that thing was within 100 miles of me, i'd pay $350 in a heartbeart.

I've also parted a few. In California, where it's at, that bed is nothing special, they all look like that lol. The front tire appears to be burnt in the pics, so the only thing's, from the pics I would count on being able to sell, are the wheels, maybe 400 bucks, possibly the tires, but I can't tell. And the bed, to people who don't really need a bed lol.

96-1500

Bluenoser
Reaction score
Here in rusty Eastern Canada I could probably sell that back bumper for the price of the truck.

BowtieBrody

Jesus Murphy!
Reaction score
Burned like that? It needs a whole harness, all new lines, no seal anywhere is good, it likely got hot enough to stop the engine from turning over. I'd hesitate at 350 if it were in my backyard.

Makes me think it'd be a perfect candidate for a Cummins swap after a decent amount of cleaning and rebuilding;
Still pretty heartbreaking to think that guy probably walked out of his house or something and saw his truck on fire.

Jrgunn5150

Reaction score
Makes me think it'd be a perfect candidate for a Cummins swap after a decent amount of cleaning and rebuilding;
Still pretty heartbreaking to think that guy probably walked out of his house or something and saw his truck on fire.

Depending on how hot it got, that sheet metal may be worthless too. Warped, wonky etc.

I feel for the guy, but the truck is junk most likely.