99 suburban k1500 6 lug drums

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

alvaroemg

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The results are in!

630 part # is def lighter at 16.4lbs
633 part # weights in at 17.2lbs.

.8lbs , almost 1 lbs difference.

Now for sure I am not installing that.

Contacting Dynamic Friction tomorrow for a resolution

Attachments

• IMG_1843.jpeg
    IMG_1843.jpeg
    201.1 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_1842.jpeg
    IMG_1842.jpeg
    198.1 KB · Views: 1

movietvet

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
My .02 cents would be to avoid drilled/slotted.
Agree. Not a fan of drilled/slotted rotors. Great place for debris to gather and cause noises. Have also inspected brakes before, with the drilled/slotted rotors and found cracks radiating out from the edges.

1998_K1500_Sub

Nitro Junkie
Supporting Member
Reaction score
.8lbs , almost 1 lbs difference

Contacting Dynamic Friction tomorrow for a resolution

I'm not sure how they'll respond. The weight / mass isn't in the mfgr's spec, so neither is "out of spec"...

:popcorn:

Maybe they'll suggest you take .030 off each side of the heavier rotor to bring them to weight parity; it would still be within the MIN THK spec :hmm:

Last edited:

alvaroemg

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm not sure how they'll respond. The weight / mass isn't in the mfgr's spec, so neither is "out of spec"...

:popcorn:

Maybe they'll suggest you take .030 off each side of the heavier rotor to bring them to weight parity; it would still be within the MIN THK spec.
I had gone the drilled rotors way as I had read that they were better for stopping, also auto edits had recommended them on his tahoe on youtube. Depending in what they say, i might get the edg i think they are, someone linked them up a page back

movietvet

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Even though I drive a bit harder than likely a regular driver does, I also plan ahead and have plenty of stopping power. I have stuck with Genuine GM/AC Delco for years with no problems. IMO, the supposed better mouse trap, is not always better. I also have a hydro-boost system and that makes a big difference to me.

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had gone the drilled rotors way as I had read that they were better for stopping, also auto edits had recommended them on his tahoe on youtube. Depending in what they say, i might get the edg i think they are, someone linked them up a page back
EBC
BTW, this price is for 2.

Last edited:

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'd be far more worried about the drilled/slotted aspect of the rotors than the weight difference.

I looked-up your NAPA calipers, I don't see the piston diameter listed.