99 sierra classic

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NOLA_SoLo

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Pulled the bed and started toward my buddies shop and made it two blocks and the idler pulley locked up and threw the belt, a trip to the parts store and 50 dollars later she made it to the shop and is in his hands for the time being, cant wait to see the back all done and start on the front

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Haven't checked into this thread for a while! Anticipating the results of the next stage!

Did anyone figure out how much narrower the Impala rear is compared to the stock GMT400?
Does the brake master have to be changed for the Impala discs?

kdhs10

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Haven't checked into this thread for a while! Anticipating the results of the next stage!

Did anyone figure out how much narrower the Impala rear is compared to the stock GMT400?
Does the brake master have to be changed for the Impala discs?

The one I grabbed out of an old cop car was 3" narrower than my stock rear. I didn't change the master but I did delete the ABS to free up some space.

NOLA_SoLo

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
so its been a rough couple of months with this truck, dropped it off at my "buddies" shop and it sat there for over a month with out getting touched, kept getting in touch with the guy and he kept telling soon, never happened! so i went and picked it up one night and its been sitting at my dads work since june with no bed, and nothing done... we had alot of people either get fired or walk out at work so we got 15 people doing a 20 ,at least,person job but the managers dont wanna give ot or hire anyone so our hrs stayed the same but workload increased its been pretty hectic, luckly the summer is our slow season but its still crazy
hopefully i can get something done on this truck soon