99 Sierra 10 bolt rear in 95 Sierra?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AceH

Reaction score
So I got a 99 Sierra with a rebuilt 10 bolt rear with disc brakes and I have a 95 Sierra dd. I'm putting a new front diff in my 95 with 3.73 gears and I have the fresh rear axle from the 99. I'm just wondering if anyone knows if I will run into problems with abs or proportioning valves or u-joint? I would appreciate some knowledge and if you are guessing that there might be a problem or that it will work don't bother replying cuz all I'm doing now is guessing so that will get me know where. Thanks guys.

LoudnLifted88

Small Block Grim Reaper
Reaction score
i thought i read somewhere that the spring perches were not the same distance apart as the 95 your also gonna need to do something about e-brake cables and your gonna need a adaption u-joint

AceH

Reaction score
i thought i read somewhere that the spring perches were not the same distance apart as the 95 your also gonna need to do something about e-brake cables and your gonna need a adaption u-joint

Hmm well e brakes aren't a big deal I don't use them although eventually it would be a good idea to get them hooked up lol I will measure the spring perches but I guess my only option there would be cut out and re weld them in the right position. And I will have to get serial numbers off both axles figure out exactly what model axles they are and try and find a u joint made to adapt to the new axle? If they exist... I'm sure I'm not the first person to do the swap they have to exist lol. And as far as you know abs won't be a problem? Thanks for the input.

LoudnLifted88

Small Block Grim Reaper
Reaction score
that i dont know i know people have swapped over to disc brakes on there factory rear ends also make sure they are the same withs and if you bring the yoke off the new rear and the drive shaft into napa and they can get one i think i got one for my 1/2 driveshaft when i went to the 14 bolt rear in my truck