99 K2500 Suburban LS - Fmr govt vehicle

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
I recently picked up this black beauty in Washington, DC. It was owned by an ambassador who sold it to his friend many years ago. I bought it from the from the friend this summer. Drove it from DC to LA without any issues.

She's a '99 with the 454, 4.10 gears, and autotrac 4x4.

I made a few improvements already, including PY0s, BFG KO2 265s, Bilstein 4600s, and new plugs/wires/air filter. Other than that, she's bone stock with 129k on the clock after the trip. Made 10mpg going uphill to Denver and 11mpg downhill through Utah. :D But I knew that would be the case. I owned a '00 K3500 CCLB SRW about ten years ago, although it got 14 on the highway.

It needs a few things like front suspension, new door lock actuators, A/C recharge, and a more thorough tune-up (one cat is bad, it has a slight engine tick, and sometimes has trouble starting when hot). She's cosmetically great, except for door dings and a spot where the rear bumper was pushed into the rear passenger quarter panel. I need to figure out the 4x4, too. It works great for about 2-3 minutes after startup, and then the lights go out and the buttons become unresponsive. But Chevys are a labor of love.

The day I picked her up:

View media item 32575View media item 32574View media item 32573
New wheels/tires:

View media item 32576
The drive home:

View media item 32571
View media item 32570
Home:

View media item 32572

stutaeng

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Congratulations on your Suburban! That's one clean, nice looking truck!

What are your plans for it? Where in CA are you?

And welcome to the Forum!

stutaeng

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I think it looks good with those ruining boards. Maybe clean up the faded headlights? Maybe some inexpensive Amazon units? My GMT 400 headlights looks as bad though, LOL.

May be worthwhile to look into your glovebox RPO codes. Hopefully you have the G80... I've seen some government vehicles 4x4 that did not have the G80. If you are doing any mild off road, it will come in handy.

I know the G80 gets a bad reputation, but I think in the 14 bolt it holds up well...not sure if they are the same unit or not as the 10 bolt?

Last edited: