98 Sierra Body drop in progress

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Devs93

OBS 4 EVA
Reaction score
hey man can you give me info on how you raised your stock floor? Im about to do mine i have a prtty good idea of how to exacute it but the more info I gather the better!

DragginGMC

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
thanks!
yea ill post some pics for the raised floor. its pretty simple though. almost the same concept of doing a traditional bodydrop to a cab. just be sure to weld a temporary crossmember ontop of the bed sides so they dont move on you. i didnt brace mine well and now one gap is slightly bigger than the other side between the tail light and tailgate.

DragginGMC

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
since im body dropped. will i need to run a e-fan? i was reading up on conversions. and see that ford mark VIII fans are the ones to run with a volvo relay?

ilikethewoods

Reaction score
yeah, i'm going to do a stock body drop on my biscuit! Good work on your truck brah! You got BALLZ cutting that cab up! Great work!

Darkrider

Dexter
Reaction score
Looks great man! Im mostly into the 4wds but im def impressed with how clean this is turning out especially considering you are using a stick welder!

Sent from a 6.5 Detroit Diesel powered smartphone

kdhs10

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
since im body dropped. will i need to run a e-fan? i was reading up on conversions. and see that ford mark VIII fans are the ones to run with a volvo relay?

Yes, the belt driven fan will now sit too high and hit everything.