98 Sierra Body drop in progress

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DragginGMC

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
thanks guys! but yea... still kinda stumped on that AC box question lol

Sierra

In pieces!
Reaction score
I have been looking at what to do about the box as well since my firewall be tubbed just like yours. It looks like you can cut the selector door off on the back and then plasti weld/epoxy a plate on the back. You will loose recirculation but the fan will still blow across the evaporator.

DragginGMC

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry for not posting anything guys but I finished the truck in february and I love it.it lays so hard now.
Yea for the ac box pop off that whole vent including the lil door all behind the fan. Don't cap the whole so the fan can get some air. I glued a piece of a window screen over the hole so nothing gets sucked in. the fan still blows hard but you only sacrifice the vent option

dagen_1

OBS 4 Me
Reaction score
Sorry for not posting anything guys but I finished the truck in february and I love it.it lays so hard now.
Yea for the ac box pop off that whole vent including the lil door all behind the fan. Don't cap the whole so the fan can get some air. I glued a piece of a window screen over the hole so nothing gets sucked in. the fan still blows hard but you only sacrifice the vent option

any raised bedfloor pics?

DragginGMC

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
yes sir im actually doing some work on it. ill post some pics asap and try to show in the pics how its done.