98 GMC K2500 454 Build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

volunteerff21

8 Lug Hoarder
Reaction score
Progress on repairs has been slow.

Starter took a crap on me, kept having to bump it to get it to engage, quick trip to O'reillys and that problem was solved. Also changed the oil in it last weekend.

I have a GIANT parts pile for this thing that I need to get cranking on, just been way to busy with other things.

Hopefully now that I have another vehicle to drive I can have this one be down for a few days while I really tear into it.

It got a little love from my junkyard run today too. Another passenger interior door handle bezel (this is like the 4th one I've had for it, they all break), a new trailer plug robbed off of a GMT800 (I like the pinout they have on the cover for each wire), and a tailgate bezel.

I did put her to work today, hauled home my FREE 2008 Jeep Patriot with a supposedly blown transmission, battery was dead when we got it so I can't tell for sure what's wrong. Company wanted it gone.

Also found out the brakes on my $200 car hauler WORK!

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

volunteerff21

8 Lug Hoarder
Reaction score
Worked her some more this weekend.

volunteerff21

8 Lug Hoarder
Reaction score
This thing has jealousy issues......

This month I've bought 5 other vehicles and in this same month I've had to replace the starter and battery.

And last night I found out the side tanks in the radiator are cracked and leaking......bought a new one already so that'll get replaced tomorrow.

I did get lucky and had the radiator crack while I was only 10 minutes from home, the night before I was 1.5 hours away picking up another truck. That would've been fun.

volunteerff21

8 Lug Hoarder
Reaction score
Replaced the radiator in is last weekend along with the lower hose, easy enough job, that radiator was not cheap though......

volunteerff21

8 Lug Hoarder
Reaction score
Anyone know of GOOD QUALITY fuel pumps? The one I replaced a year ago is out again. Reading 48 PSI..........unbelievable.........

That's two trucks down.....if the suburban goes out on me I'll be riding me nice new fancy four wheeler to work.

brycebba

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I would say go back to the factory ac delco or Delphi brand.