'98 Busurban Storm Chase Vehicle Build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
I'm like that with any old car. Especially muscle cars. But since I own a suburban I always annoy the family with pointing out how many times a burb in a film lol
Yeah, I do that with the TV, and on the road too. That's how I find trucks to take pictures of....

jjester6000

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

So the oil cooler lines are leaking like a sieve (along with the adapter). Do you guys think I could pull off the adapter and lines and thread on one of the shorty oil filters? Would I be able to get it out (after I reinstall the front driveshaft).

I could just replace the seal and the cooler lines, but I don't really want to spend the cash right now (I'm trying to build up a bit of a nest egg right now).

Last edited:

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you replace the adapter seal, don’t forget to buy new GM bolts. They have seals on them and are known to leak themselves.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
If you replace the adapter seal, don’t forget to buy new GM bolts. They have seals on them and are known to leak themselves.

Say what now? I don't recall my trucks having those.

jjester6000

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Oil filter adapter bolts have seals built in on underside of bolt head. If the seal fails, oil will leak out.
My main question is if I could just remove the horizontal filter adapter and just thread one of those shorty oil filters directly on the block (Or is there a missing piece).

Stumpy

Heavy Chevy
Reaction score
^That's what I did on mine, so much better now. Mine is 2wd though, so don't know if a front driveshaft would be in the way.

letitsnow

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I used the above adapter and an ac Delco pf454 oil filter on my k2500. There is room to spare when using that oil filter.