'98 Busurban Storm Chase Vehicle Build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jjester6000

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Reverse has left the building!
You must be registered for see images attach

Now I'm back to driving Ol' Yeller.

Luckily, I've saved my nickels and dimes and have come up with the $1500 needed to have the trans rebuilt.

I found a shop about 2 hours away that will rebuild it for $900 and install it for $600.

I would install it myself, but he says he already has a rebuilt trans on the shelf, and he could have the job done in less than a week.

My big issue right now is figuring out how I'm going to get it there. It's got all the forward gears still (It has a bit of trouble getting into 3rd some times).

It would probably make it, but I'll have a buddy following me incase it does go out. We'll go rent a car dolly from Uhaul if it does break.

thegawd

I'm Done!
Reaction score
try pulling the tranny prndl fuse, this will put the tranny in limp mode and it should default to 3rd automatically. you can manually shift from 1st or 2nd to get going. you wont have a speedo or the prndl indicator light either. even if this dosent work because your 3rd gear may be ****** for whatever reason.... file this in the back of your mind as it may get you home one day.

Al

jjester6000

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You ever just feel like hacking off you're muffler?

I just got into one of those moods today, and did so. Anyways, I drove the truck to the transmission shop today.

I even hit 200,000 miles on the way there! towards the end it did develop a bit of an unsettling driveline vibration, (Maybe a Ujoint of something?) but the guy said that he'd take a look at it.

Anyways, it's in good hands.

stutaeng

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Cool! I hope all goes well. Check out one of Richard at Precision Transmission videos on YT. He's got a pretty clean C2500 6 lug with a cracked transfer case. Said it could of been caused by a worn u joint.

I think it was a video posted prior to this one, but same truck:
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

jjester6000

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Cool! I hope all goes well. Check out one of Richard at Precision Transmission videos on YT. He's got a pretty clean C2500 6 lug with a cracked transfer case. Said it could of been caused by a worn u joint.

I think it was a video posted prior to this one, but same truck:
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

The guy told me that the rear Ujoint was crap, and there seemed to be no driveline vibration on the drive home.