'97 Suburban Rear Cargo Door Panel

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
So I noticed yesterday while I was replacing some tail light bulbs in my Suburban that the passenger side carpeted panel on the rear barn doors is falling off on one corner. I plan on taking a look in there when I get a chance in the next couple days but I figured I'd make a post here in the mean time.

Are these held in with the Christmas tree clips just like the front door panels, or should I be looking for something else? Basically just wondering if anyone has had one of these panels off before and might have some advice for me on how to reattach it securely.

Z71Hobbs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So I noticed yesterday while I was replacing some tail light bulbs in my Suburban that the passenger side carpeted panel on the rear barn doors is falling off on one corner. I plan on taking a look in there when I get a chance in the next couple days but I figured I'd make a post here in the mean time.

Are these held in with the Christmas tree clips just like the front door panels, or should I be looking for something else? Basically just wondering if anyone has had one of these panels off before and might have some advice for me on how to reattach it securely.

@Cokeman95 might have some insight.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
The rear panels are held in by a different style clip than the front ones. Let me see if I have a pic of the clip.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

That would be awesome, thanks!

Any chance you know a part number or where I could pick some up?

Cokeman95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I can't find a picture. I think I've got extra at home. I'll look when I get home tomorrow.

I just grabbed a couple at the junkyard when I needed some for mine.

DallasTahoe

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
They’re held on with push pins similar to the front doors if I remember right. I pulled mine off a few years ago and and backed them with 1/2in ply to be able to mount some things to them, but I’ve drank a lot of beer since then

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
@df2x4
You must be registered for see images

Thank you! The Suburban is parked temporarily due to serpentine belt noise so I haven't bothered to look at that panel yet, but I imagine I'm probably missing at least one of these. I may go take a look later this afternoon.

Cokeman95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thank you! The Suburban is parked temporarily due to serpentine belt noise so I haven't bothered to look at that panel yet, but I imagine I'm probably missing at least one of these. I may go take a look later this afternoon.
Sorry it took me a bit. Had to get back to the correct tab. Lol

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
10 minutes later...

You must be registered for see images attach

Looks like I found my issue. There appears to be an empty metal bracket and corresponding hole for one of those clips that's empty. You can see another one with the clip still in it right below. The top toothless pin threw me off for a second, but I'm assuming that's just there for aligning the panel corners properly with the other door plastics.

@Cokeman95 It looks like you just insert the clip into the opening on that bracket, rotate it 90 degrees and then push it into place. Is that pretty much the deal from what you remember? I think I can sneak one in there without removing the panel completely.

Last edited: