97 K2500 4 Link Setup

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Smith

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Been a long time coming. Truck used to be sitting on 38.5 Claws with a 6 inch Pro Comp and a 3" Body lift.

Truck Specs will be
97 K2500 7.4l Vortec. Volant Intake, Upgraded Injectors and a Tune.
4l80E with a Transgo HD2 Shift Kit
Dana 60 Front with 5.38 Gears and ARB Locker. PSC Hydro Assist, 35 Spline Yukon Chromoly Outers. MileMarker Hubs. MIGHT be upgrading to Yukon Chromoly Inners
14BFF rear with 5.38's, Detroit Locker. Disc Brake Conversion
Dual Transfer Cases with a NP205 Divorce Mount case Behind the Factory Tcase.
Poly Body Bushings Installed and Body lift Removed
Custom 4 Link Setup with Ballistic Joints and Ballistic Poly Joints. Truck will sit at Roughly 14 Inches of Lift. Plan to eventually run some sort of a 40/20 Tire and Rim combo but will likely be on my 38's for a little While

This is all being done at My friends Jason Katterheinrichs shop. The shop is Kat Kustoms. He has done all the figuring and tinkering with the 4 Link while ive basicly been the shop Monkey. Ive had my input and Ideas on how to do a few things but this has all been his Brainchild. I could do a simple spring SFA conversion with bolt together parts but I could never do the Fab work that is involved in this 4 Link. Check out his Facebook https://www.facebook.com/katkustoms?fref=ts

This axle brackets, Link Mounts etc MAY eventually in the FUTURE become a purchasable kit. Not 100% certain on that. My truck will be the guinea pig and as always there is some tweaks and revisions that will be done before this could ever become a possibility

You must be registered for see images attach

Smith

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
This here was no Fun to Fight with

Smith

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Some 4 Link Mock up along with axle Brackets. Followed by some pics of a more complete 4 link setup. Still doing some figuring out

NorCalMike

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why not do a more 'standard' 3 link and not have huge brackets hanging down off the frame?

gman00197

Reaction score
Nice build man any full pics of the truck all put back together? Want to do a setup like this on my tahoe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

michael hurd

Stalker be gone.
Reaction score
Not to be a nit picker, but it appears that the top arms are positioned in a fashion that would limit up-travel of the front axle by around 5 inches or so. If this is acceptable, carry on.

Nathaniel2g

Rusty Islander
Reaction score
Not to be a nit picker, but it appears that the top arms are positioned in a fashion that would limit up-travel of the front axle by around 5 inches or so. If this is acceptable, carry on.

He lasted posted on this in July 2015 - I'd guess this project is already completed based on the rate of progress they had before.