97 chevy rcsb sleeper

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bluedevil

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So far so good. Not many miles yet though. I am suprised that it has survived a few spirited moments, without skipping a beat, but im sure things would be short lived if I kept that up. I had pretty low expectations, but im happy with it for now.

bluedevil

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I made a trip into Mopac this weekend and finally got the truck a gps interface module for the speedo. It was pretty simple to put in, but fishing the antenna cable through the interior was kind of a pain. The antenna itself is magnetized, and doesn't want to sit anywhere that isn't almost perfectly flat, so the only good place I found was at the back of the roof, in front of the high mount tail light. Its almost the perfect spot, and you don't notice it. I calibrated the module quick, and finally took the truck on a nice highway cruise. I made a stop in at the weigh scales in my travels. The piglet tips the scales at 3873 # without the fat driver, and a 1/4 tank of gas. Weight distribution is approximately 58% front, 42% rear. Not sure how acurate the scale was, but I think that's pretty decent...kinda wish I knew what it weighed originally for comparison. I'm guessing it was over 4000# somewhere. Then I went to town for ice cream and back home. It was pretty much a success except for the drivers side window kicking itself off the track when I rolled it down. It was only around 4 degrees Celsius...so the ice cream didn't melt on the way home at least, lol. I'll chalk that up as a win.
You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
I used to deal with the owner (George) when he had his original store on Kingsway in Burnaby.
Damn! That was over 35 years ago now! He knew his stuff & was always great to deal with.
Then he expanded to 2, then 3 stores. Kept ownership, but backed away from a lot of the daily doings. Liked to tinker in the back on his own projects while the other employees kept things going.
IIRC the story right, there were investment partners drawn in. Big time expansion began.
It lost that old time Speed Shop feel. You know the type. Cramped, smokey, every corner utilized. Rows of fresh rebuilt short-blocks in bags. New & rebuilt heads on the shelves. Cheater Slicks(!) new & used. Mag wheels in the windows. Stack of old magazines on a rack. Local racer's pix on the walls. Worn counters with ashtrays & stools to sit on. Couple of smart but crusty old guys that always seemed to be there that were always good for a story or two. A REAL Speed Shop!
More like a glossy conglomerate corporation, now.
Things at some of the branches are not quite up to the standard that George had set more than 30 years ago.
Closest one to me is Langley. I only go there if it's absolutely positively required.
Young guys behind the counters that know parts numbers, but have no actual experience when it comes to steering customers in the right direction. And a little on the expensive side.
Maybe it's just me, but I do miss that old store. Even just to go hang out for an hour or two. Drink some uber-strong coffee! Always walked out with some free tid-bit of info or some trick to help us youngsters go just a little bit faster!

Last edited: