97 5.7 vortec

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If not what's a good efi kit that isn't 2,000 dollars like the pro flo.

Keep in mind that there are a lot of little supporting bits. Expect to spend another $100 on fuel fittings, the throttle arm extension, and other stuff I've forgotten.

From what I've learned the 4L60E can take some nasty horsepower if rebuilt the right way.
Horsepower, yes. Torque, no. Nick might be able to build a nice 4L60e that can handle a stout motor, but most fail. I'm chancing a 4L60 behind the 350 in WCJr, but I have a 4L80 for Roscoe.

best97obs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
alright. I'm gonna have to save up a lil bit more but I've just decided to do a full build on my motor. like I said gotta save me up some money first. After I get what I need saved up I'll make another thread on my build.

35olds

Reaction score
Hey yall, I came to this thread today for opinions on a good top end kit or just a good build for the 5.7 vortec. My truck is a 97 so it does have fuel injection and a computer. I was just wanting to get some good horsepower out of my 5.7. Not worried about price just yet I'm just wanting to know how much a good 5.7 build would cost. Thanks in advance to anyone who responds.
tHE BEST THING you can do is subscribe to Pisscutter Performance on youtube . This guy has the best coverage on the 350 vortec, he's done it all and can back it up .Tell him 35 Olds says so .Im not kidding !