96 Tahoe 2 Dr rear sway bar recs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Geo's66

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
guys- 4x4 2 door, thoughts and recommendations for adding a rear sway bar? Does not have one currently stock. Thanks

toomanyhobbies

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I am planning to do the Helwig one when I can tolerate being on the concrete garage floor for more than 5 minutes without freezing my nuts off. That might be a while. It doesn't seem that there are many choices, what were you choosing between?

toomanyhobbies

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So I installed the bar over the weekend. With a 1" lift I had to extend the adjustable links out about as far as they would go and the bar is not quite level to the ground, maybe 10 degrees upward. The links are pretty darn close to straight up and down though. I will post some pics, but obviously was not thinking about this when I bought it.

I haven't test driven to see how she handles yet, and I am going to get the mounts welded to the axle before i do much driving.

toomanyhobbies

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The ride with the Helwig bar is transformative. The truck is so much better in the corners it’s night and day. The ride is definitely stiffer/harsher, you notice it over speed bumps in particular. But it doesn’t change my view that this is about a mandatory upgrade.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk