96 K1500 Door Alignment

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WPsharpshooter

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Is your door bent or bowed? has the truck ever been wrecked? Do you have anymore adjustment for the striker to move out ?

4thesporty

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
When I installed the bushings/pins and striker last weekend I did try and move the striker around and it had little to no adjustment that I could tell.

I think I can fix the up/down misalignment by jacking some more, or using skylark's method with the 3/8 extension. I am leery of trying to bend the top half of the door out with a 2x4 because the striker plates probably are original and when I replace them I don't want to have to adjust the door again if it would cure the original problem. <---that make sense?

So, looks like I will be replacing the striker plates. I assume the window glass and most of the door guts need to come out of the door for this? Anyone done it before?

4thesporty

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Is your door bent or bowed? has the truck ever been wrecked? Do you have anymore adjustment for the striker to move out ?

I think it is bowed as the in/out misalignment is much more pronounced at the top of the door than at the bottom. It is pretty much perfect (in/out wise) at the bottom. What does this mean?

I don't know if the truck has been wrecked before I got it. I don't have any other signs of a wreck that I can tell.

I am going to try and loosen and adjust the striker in the door out some, but don't think there is much adjustment that I can do.

454ss

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
remove the striker and drill the hole out bigger to get more adjustment. my body shop guy says these trucks are notorious for the a pillar getting tweaked if wind catches the door and then perfect alighnment is all but impossible cause there just isnt adjustment built into these trucks to be able to move the door around.