96 K1500 1 ton front axle swap?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hutchinson

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes sir, that’s exactly how I built everything,....low end grunt. Thus, looks like I’ll keep ****-hounding a Whipple. I rarely take my tack up to 4,000 RPM. Wanted a low end grunter, which is why I went with the HT383e,...444 lb/ft torque at 3,000 RPM. Slap a Whipple on it, and rock a slobber knocker.

b454rat

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
There was one or sale on Craigslist in Baltimore or near there for $500. I have a 406 block ready to go, just need forged innards. Also have a ramjet intake, with the 0411 ecm. Just a 400 with Vortec LS makes over 400 horse/torque, in a perfect world multiplying by 30% is over 600lb/ft. Course this is what whipple says.....

Hutchinson

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
What I like about the ramjet is you can put whatever sized injectors you want,.....thought about going that route. For low end/rpm torque, figured my best bet was keep the stock intake and slap a Whipple on it. How long ago was it on Craig’s list? I don’t know how to search Craig’s list nationwide. Seems like when I type stuff in google, it comes up with “other than” what I’m looking for :)

b454rat

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It's gone. I searched for it earlier. Try Searchtempest.com. It's a search engine that does craiglist, ebay and some other but dunno what ones. Its been a long time since I used it. When I do, I find something I really want and don't have the money lol

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
What I like about the ramjet is you can put whatever sized injectors you want,.....thought about going that route. For low end/rpm torque, figured my best bet was keep the stock intake and slap a Whipple on it. How long ago was it on Craig’s list? I don’t know how to search Craig’s list nationwide. Seems like when I type stuff in google, it comes up with “other than” what I’m looking for :)

I did a marine intake swap which allows me to run the injectors of my choosing.

Hutchinson

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cool bud, I’ll try that search, and I hear you on the deals thing,...seems like when a deal pops up, ain’t got the cash,....when we got some cash, can’t find a deal. Supercharged111, wasn’t there a guy that used to sell those marine intakes, ready to bolt on with all the goodies (minus injectors)? I have HPTuners, so I can redo all that stuff. I’ve seen/ studied some good write-ups on the marine swap,...just never pulled the trigger on parts list/ start the hunt.