96 C3500 RCLB aka Stumpy

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Stumpy

Heavy Chevy
Reaction score
I ran across a web site that says it's either going to be 4.10, or 4.56. Either of which is fine with me.

Frank Compagnon

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Got to thinking about this, and look at the RPO sticker again. Somebody changed the glove box door. It has a different Vin number on it, than the truck, and a production date of 4/98, my truck is a '96.

So, now I have no idea what gear this thing has in it, but glad it's probably not 3.42.

If you take the Vin number from the window or your reggy to GM and ask for the options list of the truck, they will print you off all the info you are looking for. I have done it many times.

Dahead76

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach
Is that your truck in the avatar pic? Can you post a full size shot, and some info on your tires, and wheels? Thanks

They are Alcoa’s. 22.5s cut down to 22s. Tires are 265-40-22. This is one mutt of a truck. Parts from 1500s to 3500HD trucks. It has a 3-4 drop currently.

You definitely have a unicorn there! Would you mind posting up a picture of the RPO codes from the glove box? I would love to find a 3.73 dually rear.

Sorry, I need to elaborate. The truck was originally a 2500 w/t. I converted it to a dually and had the gears swapped from the 3/4 ton rear to the dually rear. The dually rear originally had 4.10 gears. I didn’t like running the 6.5 diesel over 2500 rpms to run 70 mph.