96 C3500 RCLB aka Stumpy

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

skylark

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

They are Alcoa’s. 22.5s cut down to 22s. Tires are 265-40-22. This is one mutt of a truck. Parts from 1500s to 3500HD trucks. It has a 3-4 drop currently.

Sorry, I need to elaborate. The truck was originally a 2500 w/t. I converted it to a dually and had the gears swapped from the 3/4 ton rear to the dually rear. The dually rear originally had 4.10 gears. I didn’t like running the 6.5 diesel over 2500 rpms to run 70 mph.
Gotcha

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Exactly my experience, 4.10 is the most common. I could be wrong but I believe that the 4.56 was only in the 3500HD chassis.

My owners manual lists 4.56 as an option, and Bowtiebrody's dad had a 400 with 4.56s, not sure if he added them or not. 4.10 is a lot of gear with stock tires, at 80 my truck was turning about 2900.

skylark

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My owners manual lists 4.56 as an option, and Bowtiebrody's dad had a 400 with 4.56s, not sure if he added them or not. 4.10 is a lot of gear with stock tires, at 80 my truck was turning about 2900.
Yeah, 4.10 is a lot of gear. I can't imagine 4.56. I'm running 265's and I would like to go to 3.73 but that is a long way off.

Stumpy

Heavy Chevy
Reaction score
Been trying to get the HVAC back to functional, with the first piece getting the fan to blow. The fan seemed to be no good, so when I took it out, the box had water in it, and started pouring out. So one problem, turned into another. The leak was the factory filler panel at the cowl. The sealant had cracked, allowing water to get through. Got the old scrapped off, and new sealant on. Had a really good rain yesterday, and still bone dry inside. Picked up a new fan from O'Reilly's for $30, and now can move some air.

Now I have to figure out why my AC isn't working. Compressor doesn't even try to do anything, so hoping it's still good, and something simple is bad, like the low pressure switch. We'll see next weekend, but I'm not usually very lucky, so it'll probably be the most expensive fix.

The wife refuses to ride in it again, until it has cold AC.

Stumpy

Heavy Chevy
Reaction score
Haven't done anything notable in a while, just nit picky maintenance type stuff. But today, I was able to score a very nice dash, and decent steering wheel, from a local yard.

Bezel is almost pristine, and not missing crap like my other one.

Wheel is not mint, but way better than what I got.

Took me a little over two hours to get that dash out, with just a little help from one of the workers there. Very pleased with this purchase, and at $90 for all of it, I think I did pretty good.

ZWilson07

Reaction score
Subscribed.

Im actually looking for clean GMT400 regular cab dually 4x4 as we speak but cant seem to find one.

Not one that is actually clean that is. I am realistic and realize these trucks are getting older but seems like clean and in good shape are subjective lol.

Stumpy

Heavy Chevy
Reaction score
Took me years to find one that wasn't priced high. They're hard to find, for sure.