96 C3500 RCLB aka Stumpy

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
In a previous life I used to be tasked with hot-rodding our older military fighters with new/improved Avionics systems. And the first jet was always a crazy challenge, and took way longer than it was supposed to. But as we went through the fleet, we would take the lessons learned & also get really familiar with the relevant wiring diagrams...so that by the end of our fleet we would actually take less time than documented and be able to make all the changes and have the follow-on Ops Checks pass with no wiring harness troubleshooting.
When I was a dealer tech we called that "gettin' a zipper on it". The first time you did it, it took forever. After a few times you had the job down to where you could just "unzip it, install the part, and zip it back".

Stumpy

Heavy Chevy
Reaction score
Gone and done it...

You must be registered for see images attach

Cut holes in my new headliner, for the overhead console, that I took out of the parts truck.

I still have to take it back out, and either rewrap the trim in black headliner, or if it will clean up good enough, I'm thinking of painting SEM satin black like the rest of the plastics.

When I took the console out of the parts truck, I grabbed the harness too, since the dash was out of the way, and made this a 99% plug and play operation.

The console harness, and roof light harness use the same plugs, in the main harness under the dash.

The two circled plugs run the roof light/over head console. The gray plug has two pins, but only one is used for either item. I de-pinned the console harness, and put it into the empty spot of the roof light harness. The ground plug only has one spot, so that's the 1% that wasn't plug and play. Simple splice, and it was ready to rock.

Last edited:

Stumpy

Heavy Chevy
Reaction score
Much better...

Getting all the old adhesive was a chore, but it slicked up pretty good. I still might wrap the trim piece later, if I can find a material, that's a good match to the seats, but for now I like the SEM Satin Black.