95 stepside SAC build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ShadowRejects

I drank the Kingpin koolaid
Reaction score
I just want to say, you've made me consider doing a SAS instead of a 6'' RCX..... this looks so amazing and no where near as much moving parts that will wear out. Looks so good man!

Solid94

Chevy Ridin' High
Reaction score
I never ran dust shields on either of my axles. Just take them off. If you really want some I can see if the ones I just took off are in decent shape. I set them with all my extra metal to recycle for some cash

eg30.06

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I just want to say, you've made me consider doing a SAS instead of a 6'' RCX..... this looks so amazing and no where near as much moving parts that will wear out. Looks so good man!
thanks man. yeah after driving this i dont think i will every lift another IFS truck again lol

I never ran dust shields on either of my axles. Just take them off. If you really want some I can see if the ones I just took off are in decent shape. I set them with all my extra metal to recycle for some cash
i think ill just run it without them then thanks anywise though.

so today i put her back on the lift and found that the steering box bolt holding the pitman arm was loose again... yes there i did put a new lock washer on when i changed the steering box. i tightened the crap out of it when i installed it, after driving it around a little bit found it was loose again so again i tightened it and now its loose again... why is it doing this??? im guessing it just keeps working its way up the shaft...

Solid94

Chevy Ridin' High
Reaction score
What did you torque it too? Mine did that once then we put a new washer and re torqued it and havnt had a problem. My problem was the nut ran out of thread area so a thicker custom washer was made so it can snug up against it

eg30.06

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
What did you torque it too? Mine did that once then we put a new washer and re torqued it and havnt had a problem. My problem was the nut ran out of thread area so a thicker custom washer was made so it can snug up against it
I just used german torque on it... took the nut off and put a washer with the lock washer and tightened it down and went for a lil ride and its still tight so i might of had the same issue as you. Thanks

STEBS

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I just used german torque on it... took the nut off and put a washer with the lock washer and tightened it down and went for a lil ride and its still tight so i might of had the same issue as you. Thanks

same issue on my 92, i just replaced my pitman arm, and now its loose...

eg30.06

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
ive been deployed for the past two months so its been a while since any progress on the swap but ill be home in two weeks so i can get back on it. plans is to finally get the front axle regeared to match the 4.10s in the rear and while i have it apart i was looking into putting some warn hubs off an old parts truck we got. its a d60 out of a 79 ford so am i correct if i say its a 30 spline outer stub shaft?