95' RC Z71 LQ9 project.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kyle's sierra

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Update:

Been working on putting the rattle trap in the whole interior the last few days. I done two layers on the back of the cab and the floor board.I've got it pretty much done just a few small areas left to do.

I planned to pressure wash the carpet but I'm afraid it wouldn't dry real good this time of year. I'll just spot clean it real good a few times while its out of the truck.

You must be registered for see images attach

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Nice, I am about to do my crew cab as well, I have never heard of the brand your using, how much is it?

kyle's sierra

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Nice, I am about to do my crew cab as well, I have never heard of the brand your using, how much is it?

I've used dynamat and this stuff is just as good. The foil backing is a little thinner than dynamat but never tore it getting in all the tight spots.

I got it off of amazon.com 2 50sqft rolls is what I got. There like $70 a roll and it comes with a knife and roller.

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Well that's a pretty good deal, I have already bought my Dynamat also from Amazon, but I will keep that stuff in mind for next time.

blackcoffee

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'd love to dynomat my 2 door... I'll see how loud the thing is when its all done from what I can remember it was loud years ago when it was stockish.

kyle's sierra

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I've got the interior put back together with a new headliner/visors and bucket seats from a tahoe.. I'll get some pictures up tomorrow sometime.

kyle's sierra

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Haven't had a chance to get pictures up yet:(

Also right now I don't have the time or space to do the engine swap. I found someone who has done quite a few of these swaps and knows tons about the LS engines. I'm taking the truck to him the end of this week. This truck is pretty much my DD so I don't want it down for 6 months or possibly more.:nono:

I figured while I was doing the swap I would spend the extra and do what I want to the engine. This is what I believe I'm going to do:

Stock LQ9 short block
Ported/polished and milled 317's
Custom cam
8.1 marine injectors
TBSS intake
CAI
Long tube headers
3'' exhaust into a dual in/out 3'' magnaflow
Custom dyno tune
Built transmission
Circle D or Yank 3200 convertor (not sure which one yet)

Does anyone have any other suggestions while I'm doing this? I'm shooting for a reliable yet VERY fun DD truck!:evillol:

ls6firebird

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Does anyone have any other suggestions while I'm doing this? I'm shooting for a reliable yet VERY fun DD truck!:evillol:

have you done much research on the heads or talked with people who have? im not sure what the 317's flow numbers are or what their potential is after a little work. what i do know is theyre mostly used on forced induction motors. you might compare them with the 243s if you havent already. the 243s flow pretty good considering the price you can pick them up for