95 power seats not working

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

95Z71Mike

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Is there a fuse or relay for the power seats?

The buttons don't make any noise, and I don't hear the motors running either. So I don't think they are getting any power.

Anything else I can or need to check?

RynoHarris

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Wow this is really ironic. My seats are doing the exact same thing as of yesterday. You beat me to posting this. Lol sorry I can't help but I'm definitely riding In the boat with you to find out why this has happened...Lol

Sent from my LGMS659 using Tapatalk

IOWNJUNK

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The connector for the power wire is under the seat, super easy to knock it loose.

95Z71Mike

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'll check again when I get home but I'm pretty sure it was plugged in. I just think its strange that both seats are acting the same. Is there another connection under the dash or a fuse somewhere?

Alljackedup408

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Does it not move when you are sitting on it? But move when your out of the truck? Mine wont even budge while im in the seat... not even a noise. As soon as i get up and hit the button she moves... just wore out from over the years.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Does it not move when you are sitting on it? But move when your out of the truck? Mine wont even budge while im in the seat... not even a noise. As soon as i get up and hit the button she moves... just wore out from over the years.

That could by the outer edge seat foam. The outer edge breaks down over time just from getting in & out. The seat frame cuts through the foam from underneath.
The controls are held to the seat by screws to a bracket inside the seat. The prob with that is that there is nothing between the foam & the controls past that bracket. With the foam deteriorating on that edge, it sags down & contacts the back of the control box & the harness connections enough for them to push the harness away from the connection, especially when sitting on the seat.
Those seat controls in these trucks are prone to failure inside the switches, too. The internal contacts & the actual levers themselves die. Driver sides are mostly the ones that quit. IIRC, the passenger side seats that are similarly equipped use the same controls. Driver & passenger are the same on my seats. (Escalade) Keep an eye out for those at the wreckers!

The controls may be the same prob that the OP has.

RynoHarris

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Mine randomly started working today

Sent from my LGMS659 using Tapatalk