95 Long bed Reg Cab named "Stitch"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MrPink

Bainisteoir Páirteanna
Reaction score
So I am going to be removing the dash to get to the HVAC box to remove it as well the actuators on mine don't work the blower motor resistor is shot(only works on one speed), the Evap and heater cores are dead weight, and since the truck will only be driven in nice weather it won't be needed. I have been debating putting the case back in with just the blower motor and it stuck where it is actuated to go through the defrost/dash vent but I am unsure.

618 Syndicate

You won't...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If it's gonna be a street truck I'd leave the HVAC, comes in handy if you get caught in the rain and your glass fogs up. Straight up race vehicle? Ditch it, and the wipers.

Wh4t3v3rs

I got real bass!!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So, I removed mine to see about rebuilding it and removing the AC evaporator. We do quite of bit of racing in the winter on the streets, and everyone that removed the heater completely has reinstalled it! I think I'm gonna skip the part where I wanna try it my way, and just put it back in! Haha

MrPink

Bainisteoir Páirteanna
Reaction score
Well OK then I will be just taking it out to remove the evap lmao and replace the heater core too and maybe the resistor.

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
f it's gonna be a street truck I'd leave the HVAC, comes in handy if you get caught in the rain and your glass fogs up. Straight up race vehicle? Ditch it, and the wipers.
If it's a straight up drag race vehicle, ditch it. If it's an endurance racer, keep it. My race team kept the defroster in our BMW.

618 Syndicate

You won't...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah not a straight drag truck. Will be driven more on the street when the weather is not chitty.

I'd keep the defroster in case you're caught out. Autocross events tend to last all day, and I encourage showing up to an autocross with a truck.
^^^ This. Autocross or otherwise, if there's a chance you will get caught in the rain, keep it.