94 Silverado Body Droped full Tube Chassis IRS

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

454SSguy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Do you have a punch and dye set or did you make those some other way? I've looked into getting a punch setup, probably be around $500 and I'd only use it once or twice. Can't justify the money.

sick94

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do you have a punch and dye set or did you make those some other way? I've looked into getting a punch setup, probably be around $500 and I'd only use it once or twice. Can't justify the money.
the tool i use isnt a Dimple die set.. i only have one size its a 1 1/4" flare tool . here's a link they are only 50 bucks per die.. these flare tools use a bolt to press them together where dimple dies use a real press.
i just use a 1 1/4 hole saw first then bolt the dies on and tighten it up done deal.
http://www.mittlerbros.com/index.php/mittler-bros/punch-flares-punches/automotive/flare-tools.html

454SSguy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That's pretty slick. Yea dimple dies, that's what I was talking about. They really do ad a nice touch to sheet metal work, especially under the hood.

Reaction score
Love the 3/8 dom idea for the fender lip! Did you just bend it by hand? I wanna do it to mine cause my inner skins been removed also and its very soft feeling without it..lol Truck is comen along fkn awesome man! keep up the great work :waytogo:

You going to be able to turn the front wheels far with going back to factory fenders? Been asking allot of people with 22 or larger wheels on a BD GMT400 and so far keep getting Not hardly at all as an answer :( Hoping to find a better answer lol...

Last edited: