94 C1500 bucket seat ez-entry diagram ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

8thNote

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a 94 C1500 extended cab. In 94, there was no 3rd door option, so the passenger bucket seat is equipped with an ez-entry mechanism, which allows the seat to fold forward then slide all the way forward to the dash when you use the entry handle on the seat back.

My seat has stopped sliding all the way to the dash. It will fold forward then only slide partially forward.

Does anyone have a diagram of the slider mechanism so I can repair it? I can see that a cable had come loose under the seat, but I need to know what it is supposed to attach to. Thanks.

Frank Enstein

Best. Day. EVER!
Reaction score
Most of the time the problem with seat tracks is gunk build up. I'm certain someone more knowledgeable than I would know about the mechanism.

Get a gallon of WD-40 and a decent spray bottle for it as well as some tooth brushes that you hate, some garbage bags, duct tape, and a herd of rags/paper towels.

Take the brackets off the seats. You may wish to leave them bolted to the truck. This will allow access without the brackets getting out of alignment.

Protect the carpet by duct taping garbage bags to the floor.

Mask off a much larger area than you think you will need. The tooth brushes will fling gunk EVERYWHERE!

Wipe off as much gunk as possible.

Spray down the sliders with a generous amount of WD-40 and let it soak in for several minutes.

Scrub down the mechanism with the tooth brush and wipe it down.

Rinse and repeat until it looks factory fresh.

By then they will be clean and somebody will have piped up about the mechanism.

Get that part figured out and repaired. Having the tracks clean and lightly lubed will make repairs much more pleasant.

I usually just wipe off as much of the WD-40 as I can and call it lubed. White lithium grease or Fluid Film make good lubricants as well.

I'm going to try Super Lube grease the next time I do some seat tracks. We'll see if that works well.

kennythewelder

Officially Retired, B31-3 (6-G) certified welder.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
the cable has t hook to the seat back in order to release he seat to slide forward
As Donald mentioned, there is a cable that is attached to the seat back. When you tilt the seat back, forward, this pulls that cable, pulling the lock mechanism under the seat bottom, releasing it, so it can slide forward. It works in conjunction with, but separate from the seat back adjustment. As you pull the release handle ( not the back adjustment handle) that is where, or what pulls the cable to release both the back to fold forward, and the base to slid forward. If you can still pull the handle in front of the seat base, and slide the seat bottom forward and backward, then the catch, release tabs are working. The cable the pulls them for the seat slide release may be broken is have come unhooked.

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Upper track is seat fore and aft adjustment. The lower track slides whole seat assembly forward for access. Follow the lower track to latch pin release. My 93xcab is 40/ 60, pax side is 60. My 95xcab is 60/ 40, pax side is 40. Whats your 94?

8thNote

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Upper track is seat fore and aft adjustment. The lower track slides whole seat assembly forward for access. Follow the lower track to latch pin release. My 93xcab is 40/ 60, pax side is 60. My 95xcab is 60/ 40, pax side is 40. Whats your 94?

I have bucket seats, with a center console mounted to the floor in between.

I removed the seat and found the issue. There are 2 latches for the lower track. The cable from the release handle goes to the left side latch. Then there is a seperate cable that runs from the left side latch to the right side latch. The left to right cable had come loose, which meant that the right side latch would not release when the handle was pulled. I resecured the left to right cable and that fixed the issue. Seat is reinstalled and it now operates perfectly.

It is impossible to see under there when the seat is in the truck. And even harder to get your hand/tools under there. Once I removed the seat, the problem was obvious and easily fixed.

Thanks all.
You must be registered for see images attach

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ok, yeah both trucks have bench seats. The 94 and earlier are same style. 95 was major style change.