'94 4wd 4l60e 1st to 2nd no shift until let off gas

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

techturner22

Reaction score
Hey all,

First time poster here. I've seen many threads about this issue but haven't been able to formulate a straight answer for my problem.

The specifics: Trans will not shift out of 1st into 2nd below 2500rpm/~20mph. Issue occurs cold or hot. All other gears and shift points are correct. I have replaced the TPS. I checked for smooth and linear voltage response on the new TPS with a multimeter but have not checked with an oscilloscope. New TPS checked good with a multimeter.

My question is, how likely is it that it is something internal? i.e. shift solenoid, accumulator piston, servo, check ball. Which would be most likely? Or is it possible it is something else external such as the MAP sensor? I am hesitant to pull the pan to replace the solenoids and accumulator piston because I do not know the history of the truck, however the fluid seems to be in okay shape for the mileage (189k miles).

magimerlin

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Same exact symptoms of mine when I bought it. I had to get it rebuilt. It was an internal failure.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk