93 gmc bogging and shifting hard..sometimes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cabinetman

Reaction score
I’ve got a 93 gmc with the throttle body injected 305 in it. I’ve had a problem with it bogging out when I step it down down and when it does that it will shift hard into drive and shifting. Can anyone give me an idea if what could be wrong.

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What is the fuel pressure?

How old are the usual "tune-up" parts--cap, rotor, plug wires, plugs, fuel and air filters, PCV?

How old is the O2 sensor?

Connect a scan tool, look at the data stream. See if there's any codes. Verify ALL sensors and computer outputs.

Cabinetman

Reaction score
After getting on the Google monster, I’m led to believe it could be the throttle position sensor. I’m going to try one and if it works, I will post it here.

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This COULD be about a dozen different things.

Why don't you VERIFY the TPS before throwing time, money, effort, and enthusiasm on a new one?

A scan tool would allow you to check ALL the sensors in about ten--fifteen minutes.

A multimeter will allow you to check the TPS in about ten--fifteen minutes.

Cabinetman

Reaction score
Well I changed the throttle position sensor and it fixed the hard shifting problem. It’s like a different truck altogether. If anyone has one of these that bogs when you shove it to the floor in park and shifts into drive and reverse and first shift hard try changing that sensor. It very well could be your problem