Truck will not exceed 58 mph/Hard shifting

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dannyk11135

Reaction score
Hello all, I've been having this issue with my truck since the day I got it earlier this year. My issue is that the truck will not exceed 58mph per my gps aka 50 ish on the speedometer since my tires are the wrong size, the vehicle acts as if there is a limiter, the rpms bog and rise up and down as I approach said speed, and once I hit 58 it red lines aggressively and the speedometer drops. Additionally, my transmission shifts hard from first to second gear. I installed a reman transmission, and a reman PCM, programmed at my local Chevy dealer. Additionally, the vehicle has a new crank sensor from NAPA, an ISS from O Rileys, and an AC Delco VSS and ECT sensor. The injection pump has recently been retimed and relearned. There are no codes, only an ABS light, and even then the MIL is just illuminated with no codes for ABS either. Any help is appreciated, Thank You.