93 1500 Need to replace Evaporator core need some help with a few questions please.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Grindtime

Reaction score
I was wondering if anybody could help me with how many and what bolts need to be taken off on the firewall if there are any that go through it. I have taken all off the inside dash. Dash is out just whats under it is still there. Need help please. Thanks in advance.

Grindtime

Reaction score
Dash is out is the heater box,heater core, and blower motor black dash part under dash. I believe there is a couple of nuts that hold onto bolts from inside am I correct?

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
There's one bolt with a 10mm head that goes through from the inside, just above the hump in the top of the HVAC box where the evaporator core lives. If you look on the engine compartment side of the firewall you can see the bolt sticking through. The rest of it is held with somewhere around 7 screws with 10mm heads, black, going through from the engine compartment side. You'll need to remove the coolant overflow bottle to see at least 1 of them. 2 more are in the indentation in the middle behind the engine but they're accessible. Just take your time and don't force it; the plastic will break right out of the box where any missed fasteners are.

Richard