92 stick without tach?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

skaneever

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is it strange that my 92 k1500 has a cluster without a tach? It seems like everyone has a tach in their cluster, even the autos. It's a stick, you'd think it should have a tach. It has a shift light that works, was just wondering if maybe it was replaced with one that didn't have a tach or if thats how they were in 92. They are needle gauges. Thanks for any info guys.

RPMGraphics

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
my old 92 w/ 5 speed didn't have a tach so i put a cluster in that had a tach & it worked fine, just plug it in.

blue_92_sierra

Aftermath
Reaction score
Id just find a cluster at local junkyard with a tach and swap clusters. My 92 didnt have a tach and i hated it even with it being an automatic, i just swapped out my cluster for one with a tach and it plugged in and works perfect

skaneever

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the responses guys, guess I'll keep my eyes peeled for a cluster with a tach. It's nice that it's plug n play. Gonna need a few more blue leds when I find it, my cluster only has 5, I believe the tach clusters take 7?