92 stick without tach?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RPMGraphics

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
where are you located? check & see if you have a pull-a-part in your area.

skaneever

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
where are you located? check & see if you have a pull-a-part in your area.

Upstate NY, 3 hours north of Syracuse, way up there lol. They are few and far between, but there are some around. My brother has a 94 and theres parts he's looking for as well so we're planning on hitting the yards once the weather gets better, about a month or so. Will definately be looking for a tach cluster.

outalne94z71

Bouncing Truck Maker
Reaction score
Thanks for the responses guys, guess I'll keep my eyes peeled for a cluster with a tach. It's nice that it's plug n play. Gonna need a few more blue leds when I find it, my cluster only has 5, I believe the tach clusters take 7?
is not plug and play if you get the wrong cluster, you need 92-94 for the right engine(v8 or v6), 91 is a oddball one that retrofits 88-91 by moving 3 wires, the 92-94 will swap to 88-91 with a plug change and wire in a drac unit.

Txwildman

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
91 is a oddball one that retrofits 88-91 by moving 3 wires

Does anybody know what 3 wires they are? I just found a 91 gauge with tach and I am going to install it on a 90 chevy with moonies and just want to make sure I move the correct wires. Thanks in advance!!!

jmig

Can't leave it stock
Reaction score
Does anybody know what 3 wires they are? I just found a 91 gauge with tach and I am going to install it on a 90 chevy with moonies and just want to make sure I move the correct wires. Thanks in advance!!!

Check the plug, I thought it was plug in play for the 91?

To the OP I have a 92 cluster with a tach, I got lucky and found a 454ss cluster! Let me know if you want it!
You must be registered for see images attach

jeff's88silverado

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
plug is same from 88-91 but 3 wires are in different spots on the 91 connector. And after you move the 3 wires you add a 4th wire and run it to the white wire on your coil for the tach took me about 30 mins for the swap

Last edited:

kn1ght

Banned
Reaction score
Check the plug, I thought it was plug in play for the 91?

To the OP I have a 92 cluster with a tach, I got lucky and found a 454ss cluster! Let me know if you want it!

If he doesnt, I do.

jmig

Can't leave it stock
Reaction score
10-4 lets see if skaneever wants it, if not it's yours!

jmig

Can't leave it stock
Reaction score
My two tone