91 Silverado rehab on a budget

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

alpinecrick

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If doing a dash swap--even on the original style interior--is simple, you be the man!

My 91 light K2500 was that color, still my fav color in the GMT400's.

Most of the aftermarket wheels guys put on these trucks look like gangbanger wheels, but I like the style of wheels you chose--they kind of remind me of the old Cragar SS rims with a modern update.

Reaction score
Nicely done. Leaving the "factory patina" really was a good touch. Repainting looks fantastic, but a patina like that on a truck in that good a condition, that's just a badge of honor.

A little surprised you didnt do the blower motor and vent door actuator while you had the dash apart (or did you?).

The blower motor was replaced not long before I bought the truck. The actuator should have probably been replaced while I was in there

Reaction score
Following along,

ive been super happy with these markers over the last few years...

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002R0LKHI/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

And pretty happy with these brake light lenses

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00WC3VLA6/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

not sure how smoked tail lights will look on a blue truck though....

I'll check those out, I need something soon. The lenses have already fell off twice

evilunclegrimace

Does not always play well with others
Reaction score
Highly recommend polishing up the OEM headlights rather than trying to find an aftermarket that is of comparable quality.

https://imgur.com/3oXoLCX
You must be registered for see images

The Spyder lights are vastly better than the factory lights. I have 3 trucks that were equipped with the factory composite lights, One has been changed to the Quad set up and the other has the Spyder glass replacements. The Spyder lights illuminate the road better than the plastic composites or the factory Quad light set up.

Cheap Heap

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Clean truck. I love the original paint and oem side moldings.

Did you piece together a drop kit or purchase one? Just curious what the cost ended up being and if you’ve been happy with the quality.

I want the ride tech street trip kit for my 93’ step side but I’m having a tough time justifying the price.

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score

pieceofchevy

Reaction score
i was given a 91 Silverado 2500 the exterior and interior is great except for no bed i guess it used to be a company truck. it has a 5 spd manual and 4x4 and a 350 engine with two blown head gaskets and a few parts missing off the engine going to pull the engine and rebuild it and try to find a used bed. thank God 5.7 parts are cheap. it will be nice once i am done. i think i will get some smiling hound dog mud gripper tires for the winter. regular 2wd pickups don't do good in ice and snow.

Reaction score
Clean truck. I love the original paint and oem side moldings.

Did you piece together a drop kit or purchase one? Just curious what the cost ended up being and if you’ve been happy with the quality.

I want the ride tech street trip kit for my 93’ step side but I’m having a tough time justifying the price.

I bought everything from Switch suspension, I asked for the spindles specifically because they do not add width to the front. I would love to have anything from Ridetech , but not in the budget. I will eventually go with tubular control arms and coilovers for the front

alpinecrick

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The Spyder lights are vastly better than the factory lights. I have 3 trucks that were equipped with the factory composite lights, One has been changed to the Quad set up and the other has the Spyder glass replacements. The Spyder lights illuminate the road better than the plastic composites or the factory Quad light set up.

That's good to know, I've been having this debate with myself between plastic vs glass.
Here in Colorado there lots of rocks about, and I don't know how well glass will take a hit.