91 Silverado rehab on a budget

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Bought it about a year ago with a little over 110,000 miles on it. Overall really good condition except for the paint. After some deep cleaning and realizing a repaint was not gonna to happen anytime soon the factory patina grew on me.

You must be registered for see images attach

Reaction score
First project was the dash, which was broken badly. Got a maroon replacement from a salvage yard along with a few other misc other parts.

All of the replacement parts and any other plastic that was faded were dyed with SEM products from Classic Parts.

Reaction score
The original carpet was cleaned and came out better than I expected. Everything was removed from the interior in preparation for the new dash. Everything that was removed was thoroughly cleaned.

Reaction score
First time doing a dash swap, was fairly simple. Did it by myself, another set of hands would make it easier. While I had the old dash out I cleaned everything related to the AC and heat I could. New heatercore, new foam for the box. I also installed new speakers and a radio. I really wanted to keep the factory unit ,but could not repair it. I also painted the steering column.

Reaction score
After getting it back together I drove it almost every day. I have a 2017 F150, but really enjoy how simple this truck is. Brings back alot of memories, my first vehicle was an 89 GMC Sierra.

Only repairs during the last year:

Water pump
New hoses
AC controller
Thermostat

Late 2019 I began ordering parts for the next stage of my project.

4/6 Belltech with Mcgaughey spindles
New wheel bearings and brakes
20x8 and 20x10 Torq thrust
245/40/20 and 275/40/20 tires
New grille
New mirrors
Window felts
Arm rests

Reaction score
I had previously installed a 2/4 drop on an 01 Silverado, a few leveling kits on pickups, and lowering springs on a Mustang. This was my first time with something like this and would be completely on my own for the install.

Reaction score
Cleaned and painted everything I could get to while I had access. I spent about a month, mostly just working on the weekends and whenever my schedule allowed during the week. Overall it went very smoothly, and was really enjoyable.

Reaction score
I know these wheels are on a million OBS trucks, but they are the only ones that I never get tired of seeing.

Had to trim the fenders, just took my time and painted the exposed metal afterwards. Shocks are from Rock Auto, but it rides really good and I have not bottom out on anything yet. Went ahead and installed new outer tie rods before getting it aligned.

Reaction score
I've been driving it everywhere and have to say I am really glad I finally got it done. May go to a 5/7 in the future.

I installed a Flowmaster 40 series and replaced the original cat with new 3 inch pipe from the y back to the muffler. I kept the dual tailpipes, always loved them on these trucks.

The paint was very "dry" if you will, have been using a really good carnauba was and glaze that seems to have softened the look a little.

Reaction score
That brings my progress up to date, this weekend I'm installing the new window felts and interior arm rests.

Haven't decided on what I'm replacing the old headlights and taillights with yet. Will more than likely be factory style.